Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that is used to remove dead skin and renew overall skin tone and texture. It is a mechanical way of exfoliating, which can be combined with other exfoliating techniques (i.e. chemical peel). What is the good about Microdermabrasion is that it is safe for any skin type. It can improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, age spot, acne spot, stretch marks, Melasma and other skin related concerns and conditions.
At Sunlight laser clinic, we use two different Microdermabrasion machines: The diamond tips microdermabrasion and the hydra dermabrasion machines.
Diamond crystal is the most advanced technology in the market that resurfaces the skin while introducing (infusing) a topical serum into the skin. The diamond microdermabrasion machine has different tips that work stones with various intensities from soft to hard, in order to scrub the dead layers of the skin. It includes a suction that works like a vacuum to suck up dead cells.
The hydra dermabrasion machine is also used for cleansing and exfoliating the skin! The function includes 3 steps to exfoliate, cleanse and extract the skin, followed by infusion of hydrating serum and active ingredients. This type of extraction is a great and pain free way to extract sebaceous deposits and black/white heads, compared to manual extractions.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
✅Helps to prepare the skin to receive active ingredients
✅Removes dead cells
✅Make the skin look younger and healthier
✅Improves acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks
✅Smoothens uneven skin tone and texture
What is the process of Microdermabrasion?
- Cleanse the area that will be treated
- Exfoliate the area
- Perform Microdermabrasion treatment to remove the dead cells and dirt
- Apply a collagen gel mask
- Apply serum
- Perform Ultrasound for better penetration of serum
- Apply soothing mask
- Use LED light and cold/hot hammer if needed
- Massage the treated area
What is recommended after the treatment?
- Limit sun exposure and apply sunscreen
- No exercise, steam rooms, Swimming, Saunas, hot shower, hot tubs, extreme temperature changes for 48 hrs post treatment
- Avoid active ingredients for 48 hours post treatment (e.g. Retina, Glycolic , Salicylic)
- Can apply light makeup immediately after treatment but apply it with a clean applicator or clean hands
- Use recommended home care products: avoid exfoliating for 48 hours post treatment
- Avoid Waxing for two weeks
- Do not touch, pick or scratch the area that has been treated
- If there is any irritation apply Polysporin
What are contraindications?
- Skin Rash
- Use of Accutane, Chemotherapy
- Active acne
- Extensive telangiectasia
- Bacterial, fungal, viral infections
- Electrolysis, waxing
- Cosmetic injections
- Immediate postoperative face lift, Blepharoplasty
- Cold sores
If you have dull, uneven skin tone, microdermabrasion is the best treatment for you!