Do you have a dull or uneven skin tone? Microdermabrasion is the best treatment for you. Microdermabrasion treatment is a non-invasive procedure that removes dead skin to leave you with a healthier skin complexion. This procedure is a mechanical way of exfoliating, which can be combined with other exfoliating techniques (i.e. chemical peel).
What’s so good about a microdermabrasion facial? As a microdermabrasion clinic, we recognize how microdermabrasion treatment is safe for any skin type to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, age spots, acne spots, stretch marks, Melasma, and other skin related concerns and conditions.
At Sunlight Laser Clinic, we use two different microdermabrasion machines: The diamond tips microdermabrasion and the hydra dermabrasion machines.
Diamond crystal is the most advanced technology in the market that resurfaces the skin while introducing (infusing) a topical serum into the skin. The diamond microdermabrasion machine has different tips that work stones—with various intensities from soft to hard—to scrub the dead layers of the skin. It includes a suction that works like a vacuum to suck up dead cells.
We also use the hydra dermabrasion machine for our microdermabrasion treatments to cleanse and exfoliate the skin! The function includes 3 steps to exfoliate, cleanse, and extract the skin, followed by infusion of hydrating serum and active ingredients. This type of extraction is a great and pain-free way to extract sebaceous deposits and black/whiteheads, compared to manual extractions.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion Facials:
- Helps to prepare the skin to receive active ingredients
- Deep exfoliation
- Removes dead cells
- Make the skin look younger and healthier
- Reduced wrinkles
- Improves acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and stretch marks
- Smoothens uneven skin tone and texture
What is the process of Microdermabrasion?
- Cleanse the area that will be treated
- Exfoliate the area
- Perform Microdermabrasion treatment to remove the dead cells and dirt
- Apply a collagen gel mask
- Apply serum
- Perform Ultrasound for better penetration of serum
- Apply soothing mask
- Use LED light and cold/hot hammer if needed
- Massage the treated area
What is recommended after the treatment?
- Limit sun exposure and apply sunscreen
- No exercise, steam rooms, Swimming, Saunas, hot shower, hot tubs, extreme temperature changes for 48 hrs post treatment
- Avoid active ingredients for 48 hours post treatment (e.g. Retina, Glycolic , Salicylic)
- Can apply light makeup immediately after treatment but apply it with a clean applicator or clean hands
- Use recommended home care products: avoid exfoliating for 48 hours post treatment
- Avoid Waxing for two weeks
- Do not touch, pick, or scratch the treated area
- Apply Polysporin if there is any irritation
What are contraindications?
- Skin Rash
- Use of Accutane, Chemotherapy
- Active acne
- Extensive telangiectasia
- Bacterial, fungal, viral infections
- Electrolysis, waxing
- Cosmetic injections
- Immediate postoperative face lift, Blepharoplasty
- Cold sores
If you have dull, uneven skin tone, microdermabrasion is the best treatment for you!