The types of products that an Aesthetician uses for facial treatment are extremely important. It is important to choose the right products that suit the client’s skin type and concerns.
The cosmetic industry continuously develops new products to improve the appearance of skin.
Product ingredients are delivered from many sources including essential oils, plants, herbs, Vitamins, or minerals. Some ingredients are fundamental such as:
- Water helps to dissolve all ingredients.
- Oil allows the product to be spread evenly
- Natural fragrances from plants or synthetic sources: used for relaxation
- Preservatives prevents bacteria from living in a product.
Other common ingredients are:
- Peptide is a chain of amino acid used in aging products to improve the skin’s firmness
- Retinol comes from vitamin A and stimulates cell repair and the regeneration of new cells
- Vitamin C boosts skin collagen, smooths wrinkles and fine lines
- Vitamin A helps in cells production, keeps skin firm and healthy
- Vitamin E moisturizes the skin and helps in reducing scars
- Salicylic Acid obtained from willow bark, Salicylic acid has exfoliating and anti-bacterial properties
- Hyaluronic Acid stimulates collagen production and firming of the skin
- Glycolic Acid gives the skin radiance and minimizes open pores
- Grape seed moisturizes and hydrates the skin while reducing wrinkles